- Waiting for the Flowers to Bloom in Patterson Garden
by Jen Sharp - Saskatoon Star Phoenix, May 2, 2013
- Patterson Garden Flourishing Since 1966
by Mark Ferguson - On Campus News, July 30, 2010
- Patterson Garden: A Woody Ornamentals Trial Comes of Age
by Alan Weninger - Gardener for the Prairies, Spring 2009
- Collecting Roses in China
by Campbell Davidson, The Rosebank Letter, 1998, provides a reference for three of the Arboretums' roses.
- In a Cold Land: Saskatchewan's Horticultural Pioneers
by Sara Williams delves into the lives of plant breeders and the origins of many cultivars in the Arboretum.
- Manual of Woody Landscape Plants
by Michael A. Dirr is a comprehensive guide to northern temperate woody plants in cultivation.
- Trees of Canada
by John Laird Farrar describes all of Canada's native trees and some of the larger shrubs.
- The Sibley Guide to Trees
by David Allen Sibley describes all native North American trees and some introduced species.
- Woody Ornamentals for the Prairies
by Hugh Knowles lists many of the woody plants in the Arboretum collection, an essential reference book for the Prairie region.